Coraid/AoE device experience?

From: Dan Harris <fbsd(at)drivefaster(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Coraid/AoE device experience?
Date: 2005-07-25 08:27:31
Lists: pgsql-performance
Lately, I've been reading a lot about these new Coraid AoE RAID
devices ( http://www.coraid.com ).  They tout it as being fast and
cheap and better than iSCSI due to the lack of TCP/IP over the wire.
Is it likely that a 15-drive RAID 10 Linux software RAID would
outperform a 4-drive 10k SCSI RAID 0+1 for a heavy-loaded database?
If not software RAID, how about their dedicated RAID controller blade?

I'm definitely IO bound right now and starving for spindles.  Does
this make sense or is it too good to be true?

Thanks
-Dan

pgsql-performance by date