Meetup on Wednesday, July 9th (2008-07-09)

From: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>
Subject: Meetup on Wednesday, July 9th (2008-07-09)
Date: 2008-07-07 15:56:05
Lists: bwpug
bwpugers!

Its time for our monthly meetup.  Talking about everything PostgreSQL.

This coming meet up yours truly will be presenting Reconnoiter.
Reconnoiter is a resource monitoring and trending system with the
unique feature of storing its data in PostgreSQL instead of the
popular RRD format or other "efficient means."  We'll discuss why an
RDBMS was chosen and what the hoops were that we've had to jump
through in order make it work well.  I'll give a lightning-style
overview of Reconnoiter's MO and then dive into the PostgreSQL aspects
of the project.

More information on Reconnoiter can be found at https://labs.omniti.com/trac/reconnoiter/

Look forward to seeing you all there!

6:30pm
OmniTI
7070 Samuel Morse Dr. Ste 150
Columbia, MD 21046

Best regards,

Theo

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Esoteric Curio -- http://lethargy.org/

bwpug by date

Next:From: Theo SchlossnagleDate: 2008-08-08 16:43:15