Re: Questions about moving a restoring a dump from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16

From: "Dai, Tino" <tdai(at)loc(dot)gov>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Questions about moving a restoring a dump from 8.1.11 to 8.2.16
Date: 2010-03-26 04:40:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

> Is that really the first error you got? It looks like you've neglected
> to provide contrib/tsearch2 in the new installation.

I actually double checked that I did have the tsearch2.so in my pgsql/lib directory.
What I was doing was not running the tsearch2.sql in the share/contrib directory. Rather
I was dumping and the directly restoring into the 8.2 database.

What I did do was to import the share/contrib/tsearch2.sql into my database and then restore the dump
after that. I noticed some errors about not being able to create and modify the pg_ts_* tables
but didn't worry about that. It looked like all the tables are in and the pg_ts_* tables look good
too (compared them to the 8.1.11 pg_ts_* tables).

Thanks!
-Tino