Re: multiple postgres instances from RPM install

From: "Tom Kalafut" <tommyk(at)tridsys(dot)com>
To: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multiple postgres instances from RPM install
Date: 2006-12-19 19:48:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

That is not an option. We're currently doing that.

The customer wants separate installations of postgres, mostly for
security reasons. Admin is divvied up between 4-5 "admin" user accounts
on the system because there are several user roles in our product's
community. Separate installations allow one "admin" user to control
everything involved with the database (including the postmaster
executables) for one application and another "admin" user to control
everything involved with a the database for a different application.

Tom

Tom Kalafut
Interchange/CG Crew Member
Trident Systems Inc.
tommyk(at)tridsys(dot)com
(919)388-1264

The opinions expressed in this email may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of Trident Systems Inc.