RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network
Date: 2010-01-07 20:07:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

I've posted a [plan] to implement PGAN][], a CPAN for PostgreSQL extensions. I've tried to closely follow the [CPAN philosophy][] to come up with a plan that requires a minimum-work implementation that builds on the existing PostgreSQL tools and the examples of the [CPAN][] and [JSAN][]. My hope is that it's full of [JFDI][]! I would be very grateful for feedback and suggestions.

[plan]: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGAN
[CPAN philosophy]: http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/12/1616209
[CPAN]: http://cpan.org/
[JSAN]: http://www.openjsan.org