RE: JDBC driver writes binary data ONLY as Large Object

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Bill'" <bouma(at)cplane(dot)com>, Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: JDBC driver writes binary data ONLY as Large Object
Date: 2000-08-03 06:42:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hmmm, I see your point. There must be some way of encoding the string so
that the data is stored correctly. I know certain control characters can be
stored (cr/lf's etc) as I have a PHP script that does it here.

Is it the new String(bytes[]) bit that barfs, or is it that the data is
mungled when it's re-read from the table?

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support