RE: Request for 7.0 JDBC status

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Joachim Achtzehnter'" <joachim(at)kraut(dot)bc(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Subject: RE: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date: 2000-05-02 08:07:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hmmm, I removed that code in 6.5.2 because not all Java implementations
(not just Kaffe but those based on Sun's VM) didn't return a proper
version string (I've seen dates, peoples names etc).

You should see a class file called DriverVersion appear (built by the
Makefile), which simply defines a string which holds the base class file
that's loaded by Driver.

For 6.5.3 its postgresql.DriverVersion, and for 7.0 its

Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council