RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC connection refused

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'John Collins'" <jcollins(at)cs(dot)umn(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC connection refused
Date: 2000-03-03 16:07:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
The "Connection Refused" message is actually coming from the TCP/IP
stack, rather than Java or JDBC. It's caused by nothing actually
listening on the remote socket.

With postgresql, this indicates that you haven't started the postmaster
with the -i flag, which enables the IP socket.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support