RE: [INTERFACES] Transaction support in 6.5.3/JDBC

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Assaf Arkin'" <arkin(at)exoffice(dot)com>, Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Transaction support in 6.5.3/JDBC
Date: 1999-12-10 07:17:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

-----Original Message-----
From: Assaf Arkin [mailto:arkin(at)exoffice(dot)com]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 6:14 PM
To: Peter Mount
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org

> PM: Hmmm, in theory if a transaction is in a dead state (ie: an SQL
> statement failed, so anything else is ignored until the rollback),
there
> should be a message in the notify queue. Our JDBC driver keeps these
in
> the warnings queue, so you could read them prior to calling commit()
> yourself.

>From what I gather if an SQL statement failed, the CompletedResponse
will show *ABORT STATUS*. That's an easy modification. I'm not sure
about a warning being sent, I need to figure how to test this one.

The BE also returns the name of the cursor. I assume this one should be
returned from ResultSet.getCursorName()?

PM: It should be, although currently it doesn't.

arkin