Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: jason(at)tishler(dot)net (Jason Tishler)
Cc: and_k_98(at)yahoo(dot)com (Andrew Klimov), peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net (Peter Eisentraut), pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Date: 2003-01-17 07:03:51
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason,

[...]
>--with-tclconfig. Essentially all of my patch deals with supplying
>missing libraries and the DLLIMPORT name clash problem. Note that I am
[...]

I do appreciate your (huge!) effort for fixing a clean port to cygwin. See below.

[...]
>BTW, what is "Makefile/Makefile.tcldefs"?
[...]

It's a shortcut (SIC) for "Makefile and/or Makefile.tcldefs".

[...]
>The need for the above has been obviated by my patch. IMO, it makes
>more sense to polish my patch and get it accepted, than run manual links
>over and over again. Now that Cygwin has upgraded to a more modern
>Tcl/Tk, shouldn't we take advantage of this?
[...]

To be honest, my main intention was to point you back to the cygwin's tcltk last release announcement and to quicken you to join Chuck's replies to cgf. As you maintain 2 large ports to cygwin, both depending on tcltk (python and postgresql), I thought you didn't push enough hard cgf about the remaining problems of his port.

SLao