Re: How can I check the treatment of bug fixes?

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,"Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can I check the treatment of bug fixes?
Date: 2011-05-28 03:47:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
> On fre, 2011-05-27 at 13:55 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Also, I think it's about time we got ourselves some kind of bug
>> tracker.  I have no idea how to make that work without breaking
>> workflow that works now, but a quick survey of my pgsql-bugs email
>> suggests that this is far from the only thing slipping through the
>> cracks.
>
> The problem is finding a usable bug tracking software.

I think JIRA is very good. Almost all projects in Apache Software Foundation
(ASF) including Tomcat, Hadoop, Apache HTTP server, use JIRA. With JIRA, we
can know various counts such as the number of bugs per major/minor release,
not-fixed bugs, new features in each major release, etc.

Regards
MauMau