DBA/Solaris and Linux Admin - Nasvhille

From: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBA/Solaris and Linux Admin - Nasvhille
Date: 2008-02-21 13:26:35
Lists: pgsql-jobs

This full-time position is in a growing and thriving company located in
Nashville, TN. The company is technology focused and medium in size
with multiple locations.

We are building an Enterprise Data Warehouse using Greenplum (based on
PostgreSQL). We have two appliances (8 servers in total) and we keep on
growing.

We are in need of a Database Administrator that can take on the
backup/recovery, tuning, security, and monitoring tasks of our Greenplum
environment. We are also deploying smaller PostgreSQL databases and may
roll out more as we become more familiar with it.

Greenplum runs on Solaris with ZFS so knowledge of how ZFS works is
critical as well as knowledge on debugging Greenplum problems.

We are using pgAgent for Job Scheduling so experience building and
supporting this in a Unix or Linux environment is a plus.

Knowledge of MS SQL Server is another plus. Most of our source systems
feeding the warehouse are using SQL Server.

Knowledge of Java or .Net would be helpful.

Experience developing in pl/pgsql or pl/java would be beneficial.

Jon