temp schemas

From: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: temp schemas
Date: 2008-08-28 17:53:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I am noticing a large number of temp schemas in my database. We use
temp tables but it doesn't appear that the schemas get dropped for some
reason. This greatly slows down how long it takes pgAdmin to connect
because it retrieves thousands of pg_temp_% schemas.

We mainly use "drop on commit" and see that the tables are gone after
the transaction is complete.

Any ideas why we have so many temp schemas? Is it safe to just drop
them all?

Jon