Re: libpq.dll

From: Stéphane Pinel <spinel(at)noos(dot)fr>
To: Mathieu Arnold <mat(at)mat(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq.dll
Date: 2003-04-12 18:32:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Le samedi, 12 avr 2003, à 20:14 Europe/Paris, Mathieu Arnold a écrit :

> The thing is that I believe that you could find a libpq.dll from the
> win32
> postgresql port, but, you're using V .Net, and so, you should use a
> .Net
> data provider, thus, npgsql, which is just that. If you get npgsql,
> you'll
> have a nice dll you can add to your project's references, and then,
> using Npgsql;
> if you use C#, or in your case, well, hum, I'm not quite good enough
> with
> visual studio to tell you how to use a dll with your project, but it
> must
> be possible in a way or another.

So there is no lib that can be linked without other stuff just like we
use to do
with libpq.a on Darwin (or Unix) ?

My app doesn't handle any GUI stuff. It just a libpq C wrapper. My main
need
is to be able to execute "conn = PQconnectdb(cinfo);" etc... in a
Visual C++
project.

Regards.

Stéphane Pinel