3 PostgreSQL Developers needed at Resonate, a Big Data Startup in Reston, VA (Washington, DC)

From: Derek Kinzel <derek(dot)kinzel(at)resonateinsights(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Derek Kinzel <derek(dot)kinzel(at)resonateinsights(dot)com>
Subject: 3 PostgreSQL Developers needed at Resonate, a Big Data Startup in Reston, VA (Washington, DC)
Date: 2012-10-22 16:36:55
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Database Engineer
Resonate - www.resonateinsights.com<http://www.resonateinsights.com> - Reston, Virginia

Full-Time Permanent / Salary Position
(3) Three Openings Total

Resonate (www.resonateinsights.com<http://www.resonateinsights.com>) is a cutting-edge online advertising company, recently voted one of America's Most Promising Companies<http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/28/most-promising-companies-11_Resonate-Networks_A1PE.html> by Forbes Magazine. We have pioneered a completely new way to identify and reach highly-targeted audiences online through our proprietary platform and our methodology called Insights Driven Media. Resonate has transformed audience targeting into a game-changing advantage. Be a part of the team that changes the industry!

We are current seeking multiple Database Engineers to join our team. In this role you will design, develop, implement and support enterprise scale database applications that allow our clients and internal analysts to create rich data and analytics visualizations. You'll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative, agile team to jointly design and implement high visibility applications. You like to be a raging success and are confident and passionate about what you do every day. When you think data - you think in terabytes. You will write elegant, maintainable, robust, scalable systems. This is an IDEAL job for an engineer with 6+ years of experience who wants to be part of a small team, feels total ownership over their work.

The position will play a crucial role in the Resonate "Insights Driven Media" platform. This platform is the proprietary model by which Resonate performs its online ad targeting for brand, public affairs, political, and corporate customers. So if you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced start-up environment and like to break innovative new ground, we want to talk to you!

Key Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain data models based on Resonate's multiple data sources and platform requirements
* Develop, implement, and maintain data structures and stored procedures
* Design and develop ETL scripts that enable the automated processing of Resonate's multiple large data sources

Qualifications & Experience Requirements
* 0 to 7 years development experience and exposure to data information modeling and concepts
* Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
* SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers experience needed
* Strong general RDBMS experience using MySQL, MS SQL Server, or Oracle
* Hands-on experience working with PostgreSQL (Postgres) is preferred
* Experience with NoSQL systems like Cassandra, Hbase, MongoDB, Riak, etc. a big plus
* Experience in advertising network, digital media agency, or other advertising related experience a plus
* True start-up mentality and experience or familiarity with short (Agile, Scrum, Iterative) software lifecycles
* Experience with designing, developing and implementing custom ETL scripts for complex and large size data applications.
* Prior exposure using Informatica, Data Stage, or Ab Initio; experience with Pentaho is a plus
* Experience with Linux and shell scripting
* Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
* Previous experience working with developers in a Java/J2EE environment a plus
* Experience with multi-terabyte data stores is a strong plus+

Educational Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering field
* Strong mathematical and statistical background is a strong plus

More Information:

* Resonate is headquartered in Reston, Va. with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington D.C.

* For more information visit: www.resonateinsights.com<http://www.resonateinsights.com/>.

* Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.

To apply please send cover letter and resume to Derek(dot)kinzel(at)resonateinsights(dot)com<mailto:Derek(dot)kinzel(at)resonateinsights(dot)com> or techjobs(at)resonateinsights(dot)com<mailto:techjobs(at)resonateinsights(dot)com> .