Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql

From: Jerry Levan <jerry(dot)levan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql
Date: 2014-10-20 12:26:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I just upgraded one of my Mac computers to Yosemite and am having a
small problem.

1) The upgrade evidently *deletes* directories pg_tblspc, pg_twophase, and pg_stat_tmp from
the postgresql data directory. Google said to recreate the missing directories and indeed
Postgresql then was able to start.

2) SystemStarter is no longer available. Gulp… I am not a very good plist creator.
Is there a fairly generic plist I can edit to specify my locations of the
software bits so I can have postgresql started at boot time?

Thanks,

Jerry