Server Side Cursors.

From: "Ryan C(dot) Bonham" <Ryan(at)srfarms(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Odbc (E-mail)" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Hiroshi Inoue (E-mail)" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Server Side Cursors.
Date: 2001-11-19 15:28:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I just ran across an interesting problem with my Visual Basic 6.0sp5 Program. I am using version 7.1.0.8 of the ODBC driver. I have a DBGrid, it is actually The "True DBGrid" from Component One, on a Form. It is connected to a table, using a bound dataenvironment, which contains 5110 records. As long as I use server side cursors, the grid will only display 8 records. When I change to Client Side Cursors it displays all 5110 records.. I have tried changing lock types, etc.. and have not got server side to work at all. The ODBC Driver logs show that it is opening the correct table with all 5110 records.. I have not turned on Server Side logging, but I can if that will help figure this out.

Is this in anyway related to my previous post from 10/09/2001. "[ODBC] ODBC ServerSide Cursors Error"? Was that fix included in the new 7.1.0.8 driver?

Thanks in advance, if you need more information just let me know.

Ryan C. Bonham

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Andrea AimeDate: 2001-11-19 15:41:06