ODBC ServerSide Cursors Error

From: "Ryan C(dot) Bonham" <Ryan(at)srfarms(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Odbc (E-mail)" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC ServerSide Cursors Error
Date: 2001-10-09 12:41:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am using the 7.01.0007 ODBC driver, to connect my VB 6.0SP4 program to
postgresql. I have a form which contains a datagrid. The Data grid is
connected to a Postgre View. I had it set to readonly, and server side
cursors. If i tried to scroll the datagrid down to view more records, it
would cause a Exception Error "-1073741819(c0000005) access violation". I
finally figured out that if i set it to client side cursors that the error
went away. Is this a bug or should i not be using server side cursors in
this case? I have the Dr. Watson Log if that would help in fixing the
problem, i didn't attach it due to it's size.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan C. Bonham