Re: [INTERFACES] manipulate array wiht ecpg

From: "S(dot)F(dot) Lee" <sflee_tw(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] manipulate array wiht ecpg
Date: 1999-12-29 06:40:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I have solved the problem by mapping a character array
into integer array:

  struct data   {
    int id;
    char a[100];
  } temp;
After getting temp from exec sql select ....., I use
strtol() to convert temp.a into a integer array, and
it works! I now have another problem that is I can get

the tuples by sqlca.sqlerrd[2], but how can I get the
type of each field that has been selected? In libpq++
FieldType(n) can get the type of field, how about in

--- Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 01:51:39AM -0800, S.F. Lee
> wrote:
> >    I am using ecpg to manipulate the whole row in
> > table,and I have a problem in array, can anybody
> give
> > me a hint or a small test program to process
> array?
> Unfortunately this is a known bug in ecpg. It's
> listed on the TODO list.
> However, I have no idea so far how to fix it. The
> only way you can insert an
> array is by listing its members. That is you have to
> create your insert
> statement via sprintf for instance and use exec sql
> execute immediate.
> Sorry. I will fix it as soon as I find a solution.
> The problem is that ecpg also allows inserting the
> whole array as single
> integers by only listing the array.
> Michael
> --
> Michael Meskes                         | Go SF
> 49ers!
> Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz    | Go Rhein
> Fire!
> Tel.: (+49) 2431/72651                 | Use Debian
> GNU/Linux!
> Email: Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De           | Use
> PostgreSQL!

Do You Yahoo!?

pgsql-interfaces by date

Previous:From: Adolfo DiazDate: 1999-12-28 20:25:25