Re: [SQL] Performance tuning!!!

From: "omid omoomi" <oomoomi(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Performance tuning!!!
Date: 1999-12-28 00:41:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I'm not sure but may be that's because, by using java, all your data process
(from a query statement ) is running on client side. I mean that's more
likely to be a file server architecture. If you make the query run on server
side ( ie, using cgi as php or perl ) and plan a 3 tier architecture then
you will have your time saved enough.
So I don't think tuning the database makes it much different.
Any other comments from the experts?

with regards
omid omoomi