Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC and Large Objects, FAQ not working

From: "Christian Hang" <christian(dot)hang(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC and Large Objects, FAQ not working
Date: 1999-12-08 22:17:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On 8 Dec 99, at 22:43, Hiroki Kataoka wrote:

> > Is there a driver update in the near future planed, or can you give
> > me a hint, how I can manage this on my own? I have some
> > experiences with C, but how to update the current driver in
> > Windows with the new code is off my limits.
>
> I will attach a patch for PsqlODBC 6.40.0007 to solve this problem.  This
> patch also includes another large object patch reported by Sam in this
> mailing list.

Thanks a lot! I downloaded the source code and edited it according
to your patch.

Now the problem I have is that I don't know how to compile the
code and integrate it into the ODBC-driver! Do I need a C-Compiler
for Windows/DOS to create a new dll-file, compile and integrate it
on the server side or how does it work?

A last help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Greetings,

Christian