Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Date: 1999-11-30 10:27:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 02:12:15PM +0100, Oscar Serrano wrote:
> As I told in previos messages, I thing I must compile Postgres
> with --use-locale and have defined some variables. But I'm not sure how to
> define that variables, and in case I have them well defined, I don't know if
> it is needed extra configuration in my Linux, or have installed any spanish
> library or whatever.

Does that mean a localized postmaster returns the number with ',' instead of
'.'? Mine certainly doesn't.

In fact I remove LC_NUMERIC for ECPG to make sure numbers have the '.' as
decimal seperator.

Could anyone tell me what standard says? Is it "14.7" as my postmaster gives
it to me even with LC_ALL=de_DE and --use-locale or is it "14,7" as the
German locale asks for (and I have a bug in my setup). If the later is
correct ECPG has to go back to the drawing board.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes | Go SF 49ers!
Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go Rhein Fire!