ODBC and Win 98 - Problem!

From: Maria Mitkova <merycolin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: ODBC and Win 98 - Problem!
Date: 1999-11-17 12:20:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dear Sirs!

We have more over 100 computers that are in net.We
have worked with Win 95 operating system and use Sql
for some of our programs. We had no problems with
settings of ODBC for Sql on Win95 operating system.But
before a month we decided to change the operating
system with Win98. And it have occured problem with
settings of ODBC.The programs that use the SQL doesn't
work properly. We can't read the data in the tables
because the characters are uknown.We guess that the
problem become with Code page translator. In settings
of ODBC under 95 have option that allow to set the
Code page translator that is going to be used but in
settings of ODBC under 98 have no such option. I hope
I was clear with the explanation of our problem.
Please tell us how to set our ODBC properly using Win
98 operating system in order to work with programs
without any problems.
Thanks in advance!
We are waiting for your help!

With kind regards