Postgres Cookbook Website

From: Ben Bennett <fiji(at)ayup(dot)limey(dot)net>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres Cookbook Website
Date: 1999-10-14 00:16:26
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-docspgsql-general
Sorry for the wide mailing but I hope this will be useful.

I have thrown together a website that allows people to post recipes in
different sections.  Currently the interface allows someone to pose a
question and someone else to edit it as long as the solution has not
been filled.  Then only the answerer can edit the recipe.

Anyway, the URL is:
	http://www.limey.net/~fiji/cookbook/

I hope that the site will become a place where people can learn the
ins and outs of Postgres without cluttering the mailing lists.  Kind
of a dynamic FAQ.  This will probably evolve and get more polished
over time (assuming people use it and give me suggestions/criticisms).

The site was implemented using Apache, mod-perl, DBI and of course
Postgres.  And if anyone wants to see the sourcecode let me know.

I plan on adding the following features:
  - Tracking the submitter of a problem (before it has the solution)
  - A way to see unanswered recipes
  - A way to add comments to a recipe
  - An editor facility where people can moderate the recipes in a
    section (and even site wide editors)
  - A way to do multi-section recipes (not sure if that would get
    confusing though)

  - Possibly adding section hierarchies (right now there are sections
    and recipes within a section not nested sections)
  - Probably should add some legalese saying that everything that you
    write on the site is copyright yourself but released under the
    Postgres license

		-ben

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: sink+pggeneralDate: 1999-10-14 00:49:10
Next:From: sink+pggeneralDate: 1999-10-14 00:49:10
Previous:From: Jeroen van VianenDate: 1999-10-11 18:39:51
Next:From: sink+pggeneralDate: 1999-10-14 00:49:10
Previous:From: Rudy GireyevDate: 1999-10-13 23:41:11
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited