Program accessing database via servlet

From: zhang-lan(at)usa(dot)net
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Program accessing database via servlet
Date: 1999-10-01 09:56:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi, all.

I am having a problem when accessing the postgresql database via servlet. I
set up a java web server (Win 95), and my servlet program need to access the
remote postgresql database which is not on my server. When the program
executed
DriverManager.getConnection(dburl, user, passwd),
it shows the error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument # > Arg
length

But the similar program which I don't use servlet runs ok, it can access the
remote database very well. I don't know why. And if I change the database to
the MS Access database which is on my machine, the servlet program also runs
fine.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Lan Zhang