JDBC problem with string

From: ALPESH KOTHARI <alpeshkothari(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC problem with string
Date: 1999-09-30 01:28:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello Everybody,

I have written one program in java2 to write the data
in postgresql. I am storing one integer and one string
in the database. When i read the string from the file
it is proper. But when i want to store it, it gives
the
following exception:
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  parser: parse error at
or near ""

I am not able to detect the error. Can any one run the
code and correct the problem?
When I assign the string test1 some fixed value (say
"foo") and run the code, then the program works fine.

Here is the code:

//Import Various Classes
import javax.swing.*;
import javax.swing.border.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.*;

// THE CLASS DEFINITATION OF MAIN FRAME.
class db1
{

        Connection db;
        Statement st;
        //THIS IS THE MAIN METHOD
        public db1(String args[]) throws
ClassNotFoundException,FileNotFoundException,IOException,SQLException
        {
                 String url = args[0];
                 String usr = args[1];
                 String pwd = args[2];

                 int pid1;
                 String test1=null;
                 Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");

                 // Connect to database
                System.out.println("Connecting to
Database URL = " +
url);
                db = DriverManager.getConnection(url,
usr, pwd);

                System.out.println("Connected...Now
creating a
statement");
                st = db.createStatement();
                st.executeUpdate("create table
temp(pid
int4,filen char(200))");

                PreparedStatement ps =
db.prepareStatement("insert
into temp values (?,?)");
                try
                {
                FileInputStream fin=new
FileInputStream("test1");
                DataInputStream din=new
DataInputStream(fin);
                        try
                        {

pid1=din.readInt();

System.out.println(pid1);
                                        int
len1=din.readByte();
                                        byte[]
lent=new byte[len1+2];
                                        for(int
i=0;i<=len1;i++)
                                        {

lent[i]=din.readByte();
                                        }
                                        test1=new
String(lent);

System.out.println(test1);

ps.setInt(1,pid1);

ps.setString(2,test1);
                                        try{
                                                int
x=ps.executeUpdate();
                                                }
                                        catch
(SQLException ex){

System.out.println("Exception="+ex);
                                        }

                        }
                        catch(IOException e1)
                        {

System.out.println("IO");
                        }

                }
                catch(FileNotFoundException e)
                {
                        System.out.println("File not
found");
                }
                ps.close();

        System.out.println("Now closing the
connection");
        st.close();
        db.close();

        }

        public static void main(String[] args)
        {
                try {
                db1 temp = new db1(args);
                    } catch(Exception ex) {
                      System.err.println("Exception
caught.\n"+ex);
                      ex.printStackTrace();
                    }
        }
}

The file which i read is test1 which is something
like:

wyt7GIsstustututuC4??

Please run the code on your computer and let me know
the problem.

Thanking You

=====
KOTHARI ALPESH D.