Still have problem with single quotation mark

From: theofilu(at)eunet(dot)at (Theofilu Andreas)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Still have problem with single quotation mark
Date: 1999-09-13 20:11:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi to all,

There is still a problem with the single quotation mark (') inside a
string, when this string is inserted into the database and one uses 'ecpg'.
Someone on this list told me, that I should precede a ' with a second '
(''). Then it would not be interpreted as the end of string. I did this and
realy, now it is not interpreted at all. 'ecpg' puts now both quotation
marks into the database table. This makes for example the words 'I don't
want this' appear as 'I don''t want this'. Preceding the quotation mark
with a backslash does not help also. Then I get the SQL error 'too many
arguments in line xxx'. This is really annoying. How can I fix this?

--
Theofilu Andreas
http://members.eunet.at/theofilu

Enjoy the science of Linux!