how to get all the tables of a database?

From: inkle c <inkle99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: how to get all the tables of a database?
Date: 1999-08-25 18:12:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I am trying to get all the tables within a database,
which is equivalent to commandline "select \dt" after "pgsql mydb" gets
connected. I need this to
be written in C/C++ program, it would be something
similar to myPgConnection.ExecCommandOk("select * from
mydb") according to my own naive thought. I know there
is a table pg_database(or whatever) which contains all
databases created, is there a correspondent in any
database, or what is the alternative way to get all
tables from the databases?

Thanks.

inkle