From: Vincent Leycuras <e97249(at)essec(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 1999-08-10 14:00:47
Lists: pgsql-ports

This is just a short mail to tell you that I installed pgsql on my Mandrake
5.3, ver 6.4.2
and that it seems to be working quite well. I haven't really started
working with it and I didn't try those weird optimization things (my CPU is
a K6-2 350).

two very important things to mention in case you want to update your
installation files:

it's highly recommended to uninstall previous version (the 6.3.. rpm
version, which didn't function anyway was preventing 6.4.2 from working)

it's necessary to create the pgsql superuser account BEFORE installation is
attempted:
in fact the gmake procedure creates the account itself, but in
/var/lib/..something, and there's no way to get the password of that
account (you can always impose a new one, but that means another 10 minutes
lost.

If you follow the installation procedures with the two requirments I added,
it should work fine on any RedHat 5.2 or Mandrake 5.3, which are pretty
much the same.

Thanks for this great app!! Vincent.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Make.ins text/plain 19.1 KB