spi, tuples

From: "Collin F(dot) Lynch" <clynch(at)water2(dot)cs(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: spi, tuples
Date: 1999-08-06 19:59:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Greetings, Is there any way to have an spi function return the result of a query, or
to connect two tables in a view? Specifically, I have a table of times and locations from an
aerial flight, and a table of images from that flight, and I would like to select the images
that occur within a specified area. I had thought to join two tables in a view which I know
that you can do with other databases but I cannot seem to determine how to do it in postgres.
Alternately I had thought to use an spi function but I do not know how or if I can have it
return the result of a select statement of more than one record. The database ins Postgresql
6.5.1 on a Linux (RH 6) box.
Any help would be appreciated.

Collin Lynch.