Re: [INTERFACES] parser: parse error at or near... with create table

From: "Brendan McKenna" <brendan(at)w3s(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] parser: parse error at or near... with create table
Date: 1999-07-30 18:13:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

My quick $0.02 worth...
:
: I guess the main question is, will we allow the serial type to be NULL.
: If not will we allow the NOT NULL phrase anyway to simplify the grammar.
: If yes to either then let's allow the phrase now.
:

I don't see how you can allow a serial value to be null, since that
would defeat the purpose of a serial (presuming there were more than one
NULL-valued serial in a table). I just don't see how, logically, a serial
could allow NULLs (even if it may be desirable in some cases).

On the other hand, I would allow the NOT NULL phrase, even though
it's redundant.

Brendan
--
Brendan McKenna
Technical Director Phone: +353-(0)61-338177 x4143