New asynchronous tcl postgresql interface

From: Colin McCormack <colin(at)field(dot)medicine(dot)adelaide(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: New asynchronous tcl postgresql interface
Date: 1999-07-23 02:19:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I think this is possibly a better alternative to the shipped tcl interface.

libtclpq - tcl postgresql interface library v1.0
        Colin McCormack
        Fri Jul 23 12:00:13 EST 1999
---

What it is:
----------
A quick/experimental Swig-generated hack
 with itcl wrapper classes to permit:

 - asynchronous execution of postgresql commands,
 - cancellation of commands in progress.

Documentation:
-------------
None, only the test.tcl file.
Wrapper class source is pretty copiously documented.

Installation:
------------
several options:
        libtclpq.so provided may work for you
OR, to work from the Swig generated on my machine:
        touch tclpq_wrap.c; make libtclpq.so;
OR, if you have Swig installed, edit the Makefile and set PQDIR
        make clean all

It's not set up to reside in any system directory (qv. Bug #2)

Where:
-----
gzipped tar:
        ftp://field.medicine.adelaide.edu.au/pub/libtclpq/libtclpq.tgz

Swig is at:
        http://www.swig.org/

Bugs:
----
1) Doesn't support COPY operations.
2) Haven't made a tcl package interface for it.

Tested with/under:
-----------------
        postgresql 6.4.2
        itcl 3.0 / tcl 8.0
        glibc2.1 under Linux 2.2.9 (debian)
        Swig 1.1p5-2 (debian)

Homepage:
--------
There isn't one, yet.  If I put one up, it'll be
        http://field.medicine.adelaide.edu.au/~colin/libtclpq/

Manifest:
--------

README		This file

Makefile
tclpq.h		Swig source file
tclpq_wrap.c	Swig output file
libtclpq.so	Interface library derived from above
tclpq_wrap.doc	Swig generated documentation

pgConnection.tcl	Wrapper for postgresql connection
pgResult.tcl		Wrapper for pg_result type

test.tcl	Sample file generating

Author:
------

Colin McCormack <colin(at)field(dot)medicine(dot)adelaide(dot)edu(dot)au>
        Feel free to email me with any problems/bugs.

pgsql-interfaces by date