NT Port -- semaphores + running postmaster as daemon (service?)

From: Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA <ted(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: NT Port -- semaphores + running postmaster as daemon (service?)
Date: 1999-06-25 16:22:18
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello folks,

I've just put up the 6.5 NT port on our NT system. I'm getting some
semaphore != 0 messages from the postmaster. It doesn't seem to be
hurting anything.. is this normal?

Also, right now, to crank things up, I have to start the ipc-daemon by
hand, then the postmaster by hand, and then psql. Is there any way to
make the ipc-daemon and postmaster start at boot time? (I'm a Unix guy,
so don't assume I know the "obvious" NT answer..)

Thanks,

Ted Nolan