Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: buf_init.c does not compile (spin lock problem?)

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer(at)pasteur(dot)fr>
To: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, postmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, bortzmeyer(at)pasteur(dot)fr
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: buf_init.c does not compile (spin lock problem?)
Date: 1999-06-18 13:28:47
Lists: pgsql-ports

[I see on http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/install760.htm an invitation to
send info to pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org but this list is closed for foreign
posters.]

On Friday 18 June 1999, at 14 h 57, the keyboard of "Pedro J. Lobo"
<pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es> wrote:

> >Bison seems mandatory (Digital/Compaq's yacc makes errors)
>
> I believe that you can use Compaq's yacc using the '-N' parameter to
> increase the space available to build the LALR tables. I haven't checked
> it, thouth.

Neither did I. I installed bison and everything went fine. This could be
documented.

> Yes, it is very similar to the one I use, except that I don't specify any
> template and I don't enable assertion checking.

Here are y regression tests. I'll study them next week.

=============== Notes... =================
postmaster must already be running for the regression tests to succeed.
The time zone is now set to PST8PDT explicitly by this regression test
client frontend. Please report any apparent problems to
ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
See regress/README for more information.

=============== destroying old regression database... =================
ERROR: destroydb: database 'regression' does not exist
destroydb: database destroy failed on regression.
=============== creating new regression database... =================
=============== installing PL/pgSQL... =================
=============== running regression queries... =================
boolean .. ok