Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: After creating a rule it is not possible to read the rule by pg_dump or select * from pg_rules

From: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, schroer(at)hummel(dot)k-town(dot)de
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: After creating a rule it is not possible to read the rule by pg_dump or select * from pg_rules
Date: 1999-05-26 20:55:42
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi,

I had a quick look at this and couldn't get the parser to take
"current.oid".

It would take "old.oid" but then pg_rules showed it
as "current.oid" in it's source.

Most strange!!

Keith.

Unprivileged user <nobody(at)hub(dot)org>

>                         POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE
>

> Your name               : Jochen Schroer
> Your email address      : schroer(at)hummel(dot)k-town(dot)de
>
> Category                : runtime: back-end
> Severity                : serious

> System Configuration
> --------------------
>   Operating System   : Linux 2.2.6 ELF
>
>   PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2
>
>   Compiler used      : PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66
>
> Hardware:
> ---------
> AMD K6-2 350MHz, 128 MB Ram, 256 MB Swap, Linux SQL 2.2.6 #1 SMP Sun May 23 03:10:54 MEST 1999 i586 unknown
>
> Versions of other tools:
> ------------------------
> unknown

> Problem Description:
> --------------------
> After this I define a rule I cant read the ruledefinition
> again.
> The only result I get is that postgres eat all my memory.
> (I have try it with up to 128 MB Ram and 768 MB Swap and I
> have killed postmaster after he used more then 85% of this
> memory)
>
> If I only make an simple rule it work, but if I add an
> more complicate rule it crash again.
>
> The reason why I select the severity serious and not
> critical is, that the rules work, my only problem is that
> I cant read them but they work.

> Test Case:
> ----------
> I have make the following testdatabase:
>
> CREATE TABLE "test1" (
>         "field1" int4,
>         "field2" text);
> CREATE TABLE "test2" (
>         "field1" int4,
>         "field2" text);
> COPY "test1" FROM stdin;
> \.
> COPY "test2" FROM stdin;
> \.
> CREATE RULE rule1 AS ON UPDATE TO test1 DO INSERT INTO test2 SELECT * FROM
> test1 WHERE oid=current.oid;
>
> After this I cant read the ruledefinition.
> The only result I get is that postgres eat all my memory.
> (I have try it with up to 128 MB Ram and 768 MB Swap and I
> have killed postmaster after he used more then 85% of this
> memory)
>
> If I only make an simple rule like
> CREATE RULE rule1 AS ON UPDATE TO test1 DO INSTEAD NOTHING;
> it work, but if I add an more complicate rule like above
> it crash again.
>
> The reason why I select the severity serious and not
> critical is, that the rules work, my only problem is that
> I cant read them but they work.

> Solution:
> ---------

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Unprivileged userDate: 1999-05-27 07:17:28