Error with JDBC

From: Peter Garner <peter_garner(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error with JDBC
Date: 1999-05-22 11:36:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi All

I am using Postgres 6.5b and the JDBC that came with
it.   Under RH6.0 I get the following error attempting
to connect :

java.sql.SQLException: Something unusual has occured
to cause the driver to fail. Please report this
exception: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown Response
Type: K
	at postgresql.Driver.connect(
	at NewsMain.main(

I suspect this is something to do with a network
service not being properly started.  (I doubt it has
anything to do with the postmaster, since I am using
the identical startup script that worked with RH5.2.)
Oh, BTW both postmaster and the JDBC CLIENT are
on the same machine.  What service could I have
forgotten to start that is preventing TCP sockets from
working?   Thanks!

We are Microsoft of Borg, you will be assimilated!!!
Resistance is fut...  ***BZZZRT***  THUD!!!
[General Protection Fault in MSBorg32.DLL]
Please contact the vendor of this Borg for more information
Do You Yahoo!?
Free instant messaging and more at

pgsql-interfaces by date