[INTERFACES] MSAccess and primary keys

From: leif(at)danmos(dot)dk
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: [INTERFACES] MSAccess and primary keys
Date: 1999-05-15 08:34:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
 [Sorry for reposting this, the subject got garbled.]

   Hello,

  I have a rather anoying problem. I am linking a quite large
M$Access application to a PostgreSQL database with a a lot of
relations (primary keys/foreign keys). In all my tables I have
created primary keys (to keep M$Access happy ;-). Unfortunately,
when I link my application to the database, Access asks me for
each and every table (there are more than 80 of them) what I
want to use for unique index field. I thought the primary key
spec would do just that?

  All tables are designed like the one below:

create table globalafvigelse
  (
    id serial ,
    startdato date,