Port Bug Report: Date problem

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: Date problem
Date: 1999-05-14 01:30:40
Lists: pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Paul Quirk
Your email address      : paul(dot)quirk(at)dsto(dot)defence(dot)gov(dot)au

Category                : unknown
Severity                : non-critical

System Configuration
  Operating System   : RedHat Linux 5.1

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc

Pentium II 266, 64MB RAM
Linux 2.0.35
 #1 Tue Jul 14 23:56:39 EDT
1998 i686 unknown

Versions of other tools:

Problem Description:

I've just compiled PostgreSQL and I'm just starting to play around with
it by running some of the example programs that came with the source.
When I tried running the datestyle application I received the following
java -Djdbc.driver=postgresql.Driver example.datestyle
jdbc:postgresql:foo postgres password
PostgreSQL datestyle test v6.3 rev 1

Connecting to Database URL = jdbc:postgresql:foo
NOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean) conventions
Connected...Now creating a statement
ERROR:  Relation datestyle Does Not Exist!

Running tests:
Test 0 - postgres,europeanNOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with European
 failed, returned 08-01-1998
Test 1 - postgres,usNOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean)
 failed, returned 01-08-1998
Test 2 - isoNOTICE:  DateStyle is ISO with US (NonEuropean) conventions
 failed, returned 1998-01-08
Test 3 - sql,europeanNOTICE:  DateStyle is SQL with European conventions
 failed, returned 08/01/1998
Test 4 - sql,usNOTICE:  DateStyle is SQL with US (NonEuropean)
 failed, returned 01/08/1998
Test 5 - germanNOTICE:  DateStyle is German with European conventions
 failed, returned 08.01.1998
Now closing the connection

I also applied the dt.c.patch and dt-2.patches prior to running this. I
ran the dt-2.patches file from the same directory as the dt.c.patch as
it didn't work from the  /usr/src/pgsql/postgresql-6.4.2/patches
directory. Have I screwed something up here or is this some other

Regards Paul

p.s. I apologise if this is not the right place to report this,

Test Case:

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Nadine VenDate: 1999-05-14 15:07:15