Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?

From: leif(at)danmos(dot)dk
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?
Date: 1999-05-13 09:39:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi again,

Thanks to all of you who responded to this one. It was a great
help. I think I got the picture: don't let the length of <table name>
plus <field name> exceed 26/27 characters for the serial type. I guess
this goes for primary key as well.

Earlier, I wrote:

> I tried to create the table below using psql, but it bombed out
> with a message about loosing the backend, though the backend was
> still running nicely. It seems to be a problem with the long
> field name of the serial (and primary key) column.

I am using v6.4.2. I am glad to learn it has been fixed (with
an error message in stead of crashing.)

> create table globalafvigelse
> (
> globalafvigelse serial ,