Re: [SQL] Slow Inserts Again

From: "Rudy Gireyev" <rgireyev(at)cnmnetwork(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Slow Inserts Again
Date: 1999-05-03 22:00:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is it at all possible that the optimizer is responsible for this behaviour?
The reason I ask is that the fact that when the inserts start the optimizer is
working with a very small table, as the table grows larger the optimizer never
learns it because no VACUUM or VACUUM ANALYZE have been run.

If this is indeed the problem, then running VACUUM after every 10,000 inserts
would solve the problem.

Just curious what you folks think.

Rudy