Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online

From: Edgar Hoch <edgar(at)IMS(dot)Uni-Stuttgart(dot)DE>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Mike Meyer <mwm(at)phone(dot)net>, Oliver Andrich <olli(at)rhein-zeitung(dot)de>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online
Date: 1999-04-09 18:43:54
Lists: pgsql-announce
I want to say that (most of the times) when I visit a WWW site,
especially a site about software (e.g. PostgreSQL), then I want to get
valuable information and not want to see nice pictures!

So, the example sites Mike Meyer has told are good examples in this
sense, because you get many links to important themes on the first
(main) page (and some news). The contents of information of a WWW site
and quick paths (links) to these informations is very much more
improtant for me than the graphical design! Just one or to clicks on
links to get the information I need! I often see pages well designed
from a graphical view but otherwise not very practial to use or to
read (small fonts, unreadable colors, etc.).

I personally hate frames because the are very unhandy in setting
bookmarks and navigation. Better use other methodes!

Best regards

Edgar Hoch