automatic disconnect?

From: Matthew Fleming <mgf(at)post(dot)its(dot)mcw(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: automatic disconnect?
Date: 1999-02-23 18:26:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Netters,

I have just written an application which accesses a postgresql
database from perl via the dbi interface. However, my question is
perhaps a general one. The program establishes a connection to a
particular database via a $dbh->connect call, and then does a
$dbh->disconnect when the user exits from the application. However, I
have unruly users. What will happen if they kill the telnet window in
which the application is running? I believe the OS will then kill the
application, but will this then leave a "zombie" database handle?

Thanks for the info,

Matthew Fleming
Matthew G. Fleming, MD                  phone : 414.456.4072
Associate Professor                     fax   : 414.456.6518
Department of Dermatology               s-mail: Dept. of Dermatology
Medical College of Wisconsin                    Medical College of Wisconsin
                                                MFRC Room 4061
e-mail: mgf(at)mcw(dot)edu                             Milwaukee, WI 53226-4810
      Decency is the ultimate civic virtue  -- Christopher Lasch

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Tobias ErikssonDate: 1999-02-23 19:07:23