couldn't start postmaster - couldn't allocate shared memory

From: "Tobias Eriksson" <tobias(dot)eriksson(at)mbox311(dot)swipnet(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: couldn't start postmaster - couldn't allocate shared memory
Date: 1999-02-22 21:57:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

 Hi there
 I've had posgres installed now for a while, it has been working allright,
no problems
but today, when I tried to start the postmaster as I allways do, by issuing
the command
"postmaster ", well then it responded back that it could not allocate
shared memory,
don't rememeber the extact phrase but anyway...
Is it anyone outthere who's got a clue of what's happend, I do believe that
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and the PGDATA as well as PG... (well the other one) is correctly set.

please get back to me if ya know what I'm doing wrong

regards
 Tobias Eriksson - Sweden

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Chuang Fang-shengDate: 1999-02-23 00:16:52