Port Bug Report: Problem in the src release 6.4.2 - runtime core dump

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: Problem in the src release 6.4.2 - runtime core dump
Date: 1999-02-22 11:18:07
Lists: pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name		: Didier Willam
Your email address	: wll(at)felix(dot)tractebel(dot)be

Category		: install: other
Severity		: critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux RedHat 5.0 - egcs

  PostgreSQL version : 6.0

  Compiler used      : egcs

Hardware:
---------
P200 64Mb - 8Gb

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
RedHat5.0

Problem Description:
--------------------
Hi,
I rencently download your version of postgres (a great DB I insist!)
postgresql-6.4.2.tar.gz
First of all, I get a checksum error after the tar xvf
(the gzip -d works correctly!)
After configuring, I realised that the directory src/utils
is missing from your distribution. After a few tries,
I made a small C function which allow me to compile the all
postgres but after a correct installation a get a core
dump when starting the postmaster.

Test Case:
please see the full description

Solution:
---------
No sorry

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Adriaan JoubertDate: 1999-02-22 12:45:17