Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pgaccess

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Kevin Heflin <kheflin(at)shreve(dot)net>
Cc: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, "PGSQL-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pgaccess
Date: 1999-02-21 20:22:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Kevin Heflin wrote:
>> >I keep getting the following error:
>> >
>> >Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:
>> >cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>I started over, and did use the --with-tcl option and --with-perl
>then gmake all
>and then gmake install

So presumably you have a file called libpgtcl.so in (say)
/usr/local/pgsql/lib. Your system loader needs to know to look there,
so you have to tell it, since this is not one of the default library
directories.

How you do it varies with the system you are using; for Linux, use the
command ldconfig (read its man page for details). Other systems may
have their equivalent, or may have nothing (in which case you can perhaps
use the -rpath link option to gcc to tell the program where to look for
the shared library).

As a last resort, set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
running the program.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver