Port Bug Report: CURRENT_DATE problem

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: CURRENT_DATE problem
Date: 1999-02-01 10:30:54
Lists: pgsql-ports

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Ragnar Kjrstad
Your email address : postgres(at)ragnark(dot)vestdata(dot)no

Category : runtime: back-end
Severity : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
Operating System : RedHat 5.1 alpha, linux 2.0.35

PostgreSQL version : 6.3.2

Compiler used : Used rpm, don't know what compiler was used

Hardware:
---------
Alpha Mikasa, 128M RAM

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
When I use "SELECT CURRENT_DATE" postgres returns 10-03-2135 - even if the current date on the
system is feb 1. 1999. (The backend is configured to use european
format on dates)

If I change the system-date, the CURRENT_DATE is changed accordingly, alway
49710 days off.

I've tried the same configuration on a redhat 5.1 intel-system, and
there it works fine. I've tried mailling on the admin-maillinglist
but didn't get any replies.

Test Case:

Solution:
---------