Re: [PORTS] Cobalt Qube

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: john adams <john(at)mintra(dot)com>, ports <ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Cobalt Qube
Date: 1999-01-20 01:00:46
Lists: pgsql-ports

>> I have been asked to get a port of the Postgres SQL database onto the
>> Cobalt Qube
>
>Tatsuo has been there, done that, with Postgres v6.4. I put an entry
>into the supported platforms list last month based on his report. You
>are running v6.4, right?
>
>> These use Mips CPU but have a fairly generic Linux on them. We had no
>> trouble with Squid and fetchmail but when the source has been copied
>> onto the system we get the following message from the configure
>> utility
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have talked myself into a
>> corner here telling everyone how good the postgres is and I can get it
>> on our main server product.
>
>Not certain if Tatsuo needed apply any patches. He is a very familiar
>with the Postgres system so I'm sure can get you going very quickly.

I have posted patches for porting v6.4 to Cobal Qube sometimes
ago. Also, I have made it for 6.4.2 recently. They are available from
following URLs:

v6.4:
ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/cmd/postgres/6.4/patches/cq.patch

6.4.2:
ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/cmd/postgres/6.4.2/patches/m68k-cq.patch

Note that m68k-cq.patch inclues porting codes for both Cobal Qube and
NetBSD/m68k.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
--
Tatsuo Ishii