Re: [INTERFACES] interface to MSsql server

From: Antonio Mendez <antonio(at)unbol(dot)bo>
To: antonio(at)unbol(dot)bo, daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] interface to MSsql server
Date: 1999-01-13 21:36:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

OK,

There may be some confusion here. PostgreSQL is an SQL server.
There
are, additionally, several interfaces included in the PostgreSQL
package
which client applications on various platforms and languages need
communicate to the PostgreSQL. One of these interfaces is the
ODBC
driver library. This interface like all the other included
interfaces,
is written to ONLY communicate to the PostgreSQL server.

I know it, but I'm searching a client which will must to connect with
Microsoft SQL server 6.5, the client is linux box. The interface to use
is OBDC.
Is unavoidable the use of the data base MS-SQL server :(
There is a application for to do it??????

Best regard,

Antonio Mendez A.
email: antonio(at)unbol(dot)bo