Port Bug Report: libncurses.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: libncurses.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory
Date: 1999-01-06 02:23:52
Lists: pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name		: Jonathan Loflin
Your email address	: jloflin(at)mit(dot)edu

Category		: unknown
Severity		: non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Solaris 2.6

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : gcc 2.81

Hardware:
---------
Sparc20
SunOS substantia-nigra.mit.edu 5.6 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake 3.76.1 and flex 2.5.4

Problem Description:
--------------------
I am using the PostgreSQL database with Solaris 2.6 for a research project.
I found your name in the installation guide as someone who has installed
this database on Solaris recently.

We are following the directions in the "PostgreSQL Installation Guide."
After doing the "gmake all" command, we tried connecting to the
database (typing "psql") and we got the following error message:

ld.so.1: postmaster: fatal: libncurses.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory

Unfortunately, we cannot find the file "libncurses.so.4:".

Thanks,

Jon Loflin

Test Case:

Solution:
---------

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Billy G. AllieDate: 1999-01-06 08:18:12