Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart)
Cc: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml
Date: 1999-01-05 03:29:34
Lists: pgsql-docs
> > Has anyone tried lyx and sgml.  It says they support sgml and
> > linuxdoc.
>
> I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for us. We use DocBook, not linuxdoc, as
> does the rest of the world now, including the LDP folks.
>
> They have been talking about extending lyx to work with DocBook...

Good.  Seems like a natural.  I will keep my eyes on it.  lyx really
seems like an amazing word processor.   Like troff, but for X windows,
and more flexible.

Because most of my stuff is only a few pages, troff works just fine, and
has lots of customization, but for a large paper or a book, troff just
doesn't cut it, and I can see how lyx would be very good for that.
Certainly the PostgreSQL docs are too large for a troff-only project,
but I can see lyx handling it nicely.